Other Web servers available for Linux include the Stronghold Enterprise Server and the Apache-SSL server. A listing is provided here.
• lighthttpd (www.lighttpd.net/) is a small, very fast, Web server, included with Fedora.
• Sun Java System Web server (www.sun.com) features Java development support and security.
• Zope application server (www.zope.org) is an open source Web server with integrated security, Web-based administration and development, and database interface features. It was developed by the Zope Corporation, which also developed the Python programming language.
• Stronghold Enterprise Server (www.redhat.com/software/stronghold) is a commercial version of the Apache Web server featuring improved security and administration tools.
• Netscape Enterprise Server (enterprise.netscape.com), part of Netscape security solutions, features open standards with high performance.
• You can also use the original NCSA Web server, though it is no longer under development and is not supported (hoohoo.ncsa.uiuc.edu).
Was this article helpful?