1. Find the company's PBX telephone number format, e.g., (212) 222-xxxx.
2. Scan the phone suffix range, e.g., (212) 222-2000 to (212) 222-9999, and save the answering modems.
3. Using your modem and a terminal emulator, manually call the answering modems.
4. Press enter a couple of times if you don't get any data back from the answering modem; also try to change from 8N1 to E71 or another combination on your terminal program.
5. Identify the OS answering each modem call.
6. Look for defaults and known ID/passwords.
7. Perform brute-force attacks based on different dictionaries.
Was this article helpful?
Read how to maintain and repair any desktop and laptop computer. This Ebook has articles with photos and videos that show detailed step by step pc repair and maintenance procedures. There are many links to online videos that explain how you can build, maintain, speed up, clean, and repair your computer yourself. Put the money that you were going to pay the PC Tech in your own pocket.