After learning about the many vulnerabilities that a web application can be exposed to, most people new to web application security, including a large percentage of developers, are absolutely amazed at the countless ways that a web application can be attacked in order to manipulate or destroy its core purpose. This arises due to the organization not following a web application security framework when developing its systems, which includes:
• Security awareness training for users to minimize information leakage and reduce the human security hole.
• Building security into your SDLC to ensure security is not an afterthought.
• Securing web server configurations and performing patching and upgrades to prevent system and application compromise.
• Validating all web application data to guarantee that your web application functions as expected.
• Keeping up-to-date with the latest Web 2.0 attacks to ensure that you are implementing appropriate security measures.
• Ensuring your web architecture is secure. Firewalls won't protect you from web application attacks. Intrusion prevention systems and software are a must, but make sure they are configured and tuned for your environment.
Was this article helpful?
Read how to maintain and repair any desktop and laptop computer. This Ebook has articles with photos and videos that show detailed step by step pc repair and maintenance procedures. There are many links to online videos that explain how you can build, maintain, speed up, clean, and repair your computer yourself. Put the money that you were going to pay the PC Tech in your own pocket.