After setting up a master server, setting up a DNS slave server with YaST is relatively easy:
1. From YaST, select Network Services > DNS Server.
2. In the forwarder configuration screen, click Next without configuring anything.
3. On the Add New Zone screen, enter the name of the zone for which you want to configure the slave server. Then select Slave from the Type drop-down list, and click Add to add it.
4. Now enter the IP address of the server that holds the master zone files.
5. Complete the wizard. This will open the slave server and download the DNS zone files from the master.
Was this article helpful?