Creating, Viewing and Printing a Presentation
To create and view presentations using OpenOffice.org Impress:
1. On the Applications menu, point to Office and then click OpenOffice.org Presentation.
2. The Presentation Wizard dialogue box appears. The Presentation wizard allows you to define the basic structure of a presentation in three brief steps. You can either continue defining the specifications as guided by the Presentation Wizard or immediately create a new blank presentation by clicking Create.
Nice to Know:
To be able to preview the slide template, slide design and slide transition effects, leave the Preview check box selected.
3. This figure shows the main Impress window with an empty presentation. From the Task pane on the left, you can select a layout for your current slide.
4. Enter the required text in the provided text boxes to create the first slide. To make your presentation more attractive and professional looking, you can either change the background and format the font size and colour for each slide or simply select a pre-defined template from the Master Pages panel. Click Master Pages to open the Master Pages panel.
5. A number of templates are available on the Master Pages panel. Select the template of your choice to apply a whole new look to your presentation. You can enhance the look of the presentation further by adding various elements, such as objects, pictures and animated images, from the Insert menu. Alternatively, you can start adding new slides to the presentation.
You can add a new slide by clicking the Slide button on the Standard toolbar. Alternatively, click Slide on the Insert menu.
6. The inserted slide is also formatted as the first slide because that is the layout you selected last. According to the requirements of your presentation, you can select a new format from the Layout pane. The new layout has two columns, one for text and the other for images.
This allows you to display text along with an associated image on the same slide. Enter the textual content in the provided text boxes, then double-click the house icon to insert a graphic in the provided placeholder.
Notice that the inserted picture is automatically resized to fit into the provided space. You can also insert an image by selecting Picture from the Insert menu. A picture inserted in this way is not automatically resized, but you can move and resize it as needed. You can insert new slides in a similar fashion.
Now, you are ready to display your presentation as a slide show. To configure the basic slide show setting, select Slide Show Settings from the Slide Show menu.
9. The Slide Show dialogue box helps you define the basic settings for your slide show. In the Range section, you can specify the slides to be included in the presentation and their order of display. In the Type section, you can define how to display the slides. Similarly, the Options section allows you to define various other settings for your presentation. After selecting the desired options, click OK to apply the settings.
10. To start the slide show select Slide Show from the Slide Show menu or press F5.
Eile Edit View Insert Format lools Slide Show Window Help
^p Elide Show F5
Slide Show Settings...
0 Custom Animation.. Elide Iransition...
m show Slide 0 Show/Hide Slide Custom Slide Show...
Was this article helpful?