In this lesson, you learned that:
• OpenOffice.org is the default office application suite provided with Ubuntu.
• The OpenOffice.org sofware suite comprises five applications to help you handle your work effectively.
• Writer forms the word processor component of the OpenOffice.org office software suite and contains all the features that you expect from a modern, fully equipped word processor.
• Calc forms the spreadsheet component of the OpenOffice.org office software suite and offers a whole range of advanced functions to help accomplish complex tasks.
• Impress is a fully featured presentation tool included in the OpenOffice.org office software suite.
• Math is the equation writer component of OpenOffice.org office software suite.
• GnuCash is extremely useful application software for managing your home and/or small business finances.
• Scribus is a page layout application that you can use to create posters, cards, brochures and so on for commercial purposes.
• Evince is document viewer software that allows you to easily navigate a document. The document can also be viewed or searched.
Was this article helpful?