Although your local bookstore might have dozens of titles on Perl, the following are some of the more highly recommended of these. You might also look at the Camel Critiques (Tom Christiansen; http://language.perl.com/critiques/index.html) for reviews of other available Perl books.
• Advanced Perl Programming, by Sriram Srinivasan, O'Reilly & Associates
• Sams Teach Yourself Perl in 21 Days, Second Edition, by Laura Lemay, Sams Publishing
• Sams Teach Yourself Perl in 24 Hours, Second Edition, by Clinton Pierce, Sams Publishing
• Learning Perl, Third Edition, by Randal L. Schwartz, Tom Phoenix, O'Reilly & Associates
• Programming Perl, Third Edition, by Larry Wall, Tom Christiansen, and Jon Orwant, O'Reilly & Associates
• Effective Perl Programming: Writing Better Programs with Perl, by Joseph Hall, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company
• CGI Programming with Perl, Second Edition, by Gunther Birznieks, Scott Guelich, Shishir Gundavaram, O'Reilly & Associates
• Mastering Regular Expressions, by Jeffrey Friedl, O'Reilly & Associates
Was this article helpful?