IN THIS CHAPTER
• About the Apache Web Server
• Installing the Apache Server
• Starting and Stopping Apache
• Runtime Server Configuration Settings
• File System Authentication and Access Control
• Apache Modules
• Virtual Hosting
• Dynamic Content
• Other Web Servers for Use with Ubuntu
This chapter covers the configuration and management of the Apache web server. The chapter includes an overview of some of the major components of the server and discussions of text-based and graphical server configuration. You will see how to start, stop, and restart Apache using the command line. The chapter begins with some introductory information about this popular server and then shows you how to install, configure, and start using Apache.
Was this article helpful?