Removing an unwanted installed application is easy using the Add/Remove Applications tool. Just follow these steps:
1. Start the Add/Remove Applications tool from the Applications O Add/Remove menu.
2. Find the installed application you want to remove. You can use the Installed Packages filter from the drop-down menu to help locate the application to remove.
3. Remove the check mark from the check box next to the application name.
4. Click the Apply Changes button. A confirmation dialog box appears, shown in Figure 13-8, listing the application(s) to remove.
5. Click the Apply button to start the removal. The Update Manager prompts you for your password to ensure you have privileges to remove the application, then it removes the application and any other files that support the application. When the application removal is complete, a dialog box, shown in Figure 13-9, appears.
6. Click Continue to add or remove more applications, or click the Close button to close the Add/Remove Applications dialog box.
All components from the installed application, including the menu entry, should now be removed from your system.
The Add/Remove Applications tool is a great way to painlessly test out new applications. If you decide you don't like the application, you can easily remove it without any hassle!
Was this article helpful?