The following procedure describes how to download images from your digital camera.
1. Using a cable provided with your digital camera, connect your camera to the USB or COM port on your computer. (I had better luck with the USB port.)
2. Set your camera to be in Send and Receive mode.
3. From the main Red Hat desktop menu, choose Graphics ^ Digital Camera Tool. The gtkam window appears.
4. Click Camera ^ Add Camera. The Select Camera window appears.
5. Click the down arrow next to the Model box, select your camera, and click Detect.
6. Click Apply, then OK. Your camera model should be listed in the gtkam window.
7. To begin downloading images from your digital camera, click the camera name that appears in the left column, and then select the folder containing the images from that camera. After the images download (which can take a while), thumbnails appear in the main gtkam window, as shown in Figure 8-8.
Select the images you are interested in, and click the Save Selected Photos button to save the selected images. The Save Photos window that appears lets you choose a directory to save them to. You can rename the images orjust use the names assigned by the camera.
9. Choose images you want to delete, and click the Delete button to delete them.
Was this article helpful?
Insider Secrets Revealed By the Pro Showing You How to Become a Professional Photographer! Discover The Secret Tips & Techniques On How To Be A Professional Photographer, Start Producing High Quality Pictures and Skyrocket Your Photography Business Income Revenue To The Roof TODAY! You're About to Discover the Powerful Strategies and Method to Start Taking Sharp, Clear and High Quality Pictures Like the Professional Photographer Without Paying a Single Penny to the Expert!